- 2 8-ounce packages of low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Dash of lemon zest
- Mini Nilla Wafers
- 1 Can cherry pie filling
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature. If it’s not, the batch will come out clumpy!
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth. (Use an electric mixer – I’ve messed these up before trying to do it by hand. The cream cheese is tough to get completely smooth if you’re just using elbow grease.)
- Line up mini baking cups and place a mini Nilla Wafer face-up inside each one.
- Scoop mixture onto wafer, filling cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate. Once chilled, scoop cherry pie filling atop each mini cheesecake. Chill again.
This yummy treat was spotted on Texas Farmers Daughter.
Visit Go Au Pair at http://www.goaupair.com