Give a twirl to a new way of using plain old construction paper as you create these fancy-looking paper pumpkins. Hang this creative project in your window on a suction cup, or make several and hang them like a garland across your door.
What you’ll need:
- 1 sheet orange construction paper
- Scrap strips of brown and green construction paper
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Cut orange construction paper into half-inch strips.
- Wrap strips around a pencil. Remove from the pencil and glue the end of the strip to close the circle. Repeat for as many circles as you need to create your pumpkin, we made 22
- Lay the circles on your work surface and arrange them into the shape of a pumpkin.
- Glue the circles together
- Cut three green strips about three to four inches long. Curl the end of each strip around a small paint brush or simply roll it up to get a tighter curl. Glue the straight end into the top of your pumpkin to create the green leaves.
- Cut a brown strip of paper about two inches long. Fold in half and insert into the top of the pumpkin to create a stem and secure with glue
- Once everything has dried, you can tie a piece of string through the pumpkin stem and hang from a suction cup hook.
- Buy a large package of construction paper at the dollar store for plenty of fun projects.
- For smaller circles, wrap paper around a small paint brush handle.
- White craft glue is perfect for this project, however white school glue will work as well.
This craft was spotted on Kaboose.
Visit Go Au Pair at http://www.goaupair.com