1 half-size baguette 1 tablespoon butter 10 button mushrooms, quartered 4 large eggs 3 tablespoons double cream (heavy cream) 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped 4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed 100g goats cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Prepare the baguette by cutting a deep ‘V’ into it, without cutting all the way through. Use your fingers to pull out the fluffy bread and make a cavity. Place onto a baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes until browned and tender. Set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs and cream together. Add the mushrooms, parsley and roasted garlic. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
4. Pour into the baguette and crumble the goats cheese over the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until puffed and golden.
5. Allow to cool for 5 minutes to let it set and then slice and serve
Spotted on Fig and Cherry. Click here for link.
Visit Go Au Pair at www.goaupair.com