- 2 family sized tea bags
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3-4 pounds chicken pieces (I used bone in breasts)
- Boil 4 cups of water, add tea bags, and steep for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and salt until completely dissolved. Add onion, lemon, garlic, and rosemary. Add ice and cool completely. Put the chicken into plastic bags and let sit in the brine for 24 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the brine, and throw the brine away. Dry the chicken off with paper towels. Heat the to medium, but only on one side. Put the chicken skin side down, on the side that is not lit. Weird, but it works. Cover the grill and cook for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for 40 to 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- About 10 minutes before the chicken is ready to come off, throw on some lemons that have been cut in half and asparagus. I served this a small salad, and it was delicious. This recipe comes from Southern Living.
Spotted on Baked Bree. Click here for link.
Visit Go Au Pair at www.goaupair.com