You already show your winning moves on the field. Now you can show off your A-game style in the classroom with this sports-themed backpack. It’s even got a miniature football field so you can plan your plays. So, when it comes to creativity, you’ll certainly make a touchdown.
What you’ll need
- Two pieces of artificial turf
- White puffy paint in a squeeze bottle
- Felt in two different colors
- Iron-on patches of sports balls
- Football key ring
- Sport ball stapler
- Fabric glue
- Hot glue
How to make it
- Measure the dimensions of the pocket on the front of your backpack, both the section above the zipper and the section below. Cut two pieces of artificial turf to these dimensions.
- Paint three vertical lines on both pieces of artificial turf with white puffy paint. Use a straight edge like a ruler to help you paint in a straight line. Puffy paint is perfect for getting into the nooks and crannies of the turf, and it’s so easy with the squeeze bottle.
- On the bottom of the larger piece of turf, draw numbers on either side of the lines to resemble football field markings.
- With adult supervision, use a hot glue gun to apply the turf pieces to the pocket.
- Trace and cut your player number from the felt pieces, with each piece being about a quarter inch larger than the next, and alternating the colors. Glue the pieces together with fabric glue, and then glue the numbers to the backpack.
- Apply iron-on patches to the top and sides of the backpack. When using an iron with adult supervision, be sure to use a press cloth between the iron and the patch so you don’t melt the backpack. If you don’t want to iron the patch, you can glue it on with some fabric glue.
- A football key ring makes a great zipper pull because as you unzip the bag, the football moves along the “football field.” Also look for sports-themed office accessories like the basketball stapler in the example.
Spotted on Spoonful. Click here for link.
Visit Go Au Pair at www.goaupair.com