Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 min Cook Time: 8 min
2 to 2 1/2 pounds swordfish, cut into 4 serving pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
juice of 2 large limes
2 green onions, chopped
One handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper
PINEAPPLE- PEACH SALSA:
1 cup finely chopped pineapple (about 1/3 of a fresh pineapple)
1 cup chopped, peeled peaches (about 2 medium)
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
juice from 1/2 large lime
1. Rinse and pat dry the swordfish, and place it in a 9×13-inch glass dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Pour the marinade over the swordfish and turn to coat. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let marinate for NO MORE than one hour (see *Tips below).
3. While the swordfish is marinating, combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat the grill to medium- heat.
4. Grease the rack of your grill (or use a grilling tray), and grill the swordfish 5 to 6 minutes on the first side (covered), then 3 to 4 minutes on the other side, or until the fish flakes apart easily. You definitely don’t want to overcook swordfish or it will be tough and dry.
5. Serve immediately- each swordfish steak topped with a generous dollop of pineapple- peach salsa.
*Don’t let the swordfish marinate for more than one hour- the citrus will begin to break down the fish. You want it to stay nice and firm.
Spotted on recipegirl.com. Click here for link.
Visit Go Au Pair at http://www.goaupair.com