- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) instant brown rice
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 pound(s) 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup(s) water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 head(s) Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, basil, mint and/or chives
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, spoon portions of the turkey mixture into lettuce leaves, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.
Spotted on delish.com. Click here for link.
Visit Go Au Pair at www.goaupair.com