“These chocolate-covered frozen bananas are a great summer treat. The ripe bananas have a wonderful creamy consistency when frozen, and the rich chocolate coating is delicious. You can vary the toppings to suit your taste, including drizzling with melted white or milk chocolate, or caramel. Roll in shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sprinkles, or other toppings.” By: CRYSTALSHOE
- 10 ice pop sticks
- 5 very ripe bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 (16 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 tablespoons flaked coconut, or as needed
- Insert 1 pop stick into the cut end of each banana. Place the bananas on a wax paper covered baking sheet and freeze until the bananas are frozen, about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave).
- Dip the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate, spooning the chocolate over the banana to cover it completely. Roll in coconut if desired. Place the dipped bananas on the wax paper-covered baking sheet, and freeze until the chocolate is firm
If you want to decorate with drizzled chocolate melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips a in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Do not overheat or chocolate will scorch. Place the melted chocolate in a small plastic bag. Snip the end of the bag and drizzle over the frozen chocolate covered banana. Return the bananas to the freezer until the chocolate is firm.
Originally posted on allrecipes.com
Visit Go Au Pair at www.goaupair.com