Prep time: about 15 minutes
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. milk
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 2 pieces of bread
- medium-size bowl
- mixing spoon
- frying pan
- stove (you’ll need help from your adult assistant)
- serving plate
- measuring cups and spoons
- Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl and beat well. Then mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Put the margarine in a frying pan. Heat the pan on the stovetop on medium heat. It’s hot enough when the margarine starts to bubble.
- Dunk each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Make sure the bread is totally covered.
- Cook the bread in the frying pan on low heat until the underside is light brown (about 5 minutes).
- Use a spatula to flip the bread over, and cook again for another 5 minutes.
- Use the spatula to transfer the French toast to a plate.
Serving size: 1 slice
Originally seen on kidshealth.org